Information: Our community dining and home delivered meal programs, support elders by improving their quality of life with nourishment of both body and mind. Two extremely important components of older adults maintaining their independence are social interaction and adequate nutrition.
Often meal planning and preparation become too burdensome to accomplish and the lack of adequate nutrition compromises an elderís health. Community dining settings can provide a welcoming atmosphere to share friendship as well as a well-balanced meal. For homebound elders, a home-delivered meal can provide both healthy cuisine and daily friendly contact.
Support: Learn more about community dining or home delivered meals. Contact us by calling 978-750-4540 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
About Our Meals
- A staff nutritionist develops our menu ensuring that each meal contains 600-800 calories, is low in sodium and provides one-third of an elderly personís daily nutritional requirements.
- Special meals are available to individuals prescribed with a diabetic, low-calorie, or therapeutic diet.
- Kosher and hospital prepared meals are available to eligible individuals.
- The suggested voluntary donation for all meals is $2.00, but no eligible individual will be denied participation by not paying all or part of the suggested donation.
- Click here to view our frequently asked questions concerning Senior Dining
It is best to call at least 24 hours in advance to reserve a meal at whichever Council on Aging you choose to dine at:
- Danvers Council on Aging serves lunch Monday through Friday
25 Stone Street, Danvers
- Marblehead Council on Aging serves lunch Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday
10 Humphrey Street, Marblehead
- Middleton Senior Center serves lunch Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday
38 Maple Street, Middleton
- Torigian Community Life Center serves lunch Monday through Friday
79 Central Street, Peabody
- Salem Council on Aging serves lunch Monday through Friday
5 Broad Street, Salem
Home Delivered Meals:
For those homebound elders who are unable to prepare a balanced meal and are unable to safely attend a Community Dining Site, we offer home delivered meals Monday through Friday. For those in need, frozen meals or cold suppers are available for weekends or holidays. Eligibility for home-delivered meals is based on a needs assessment conducted in the elderís home by our Nutrition Assessor.
Home Delivered Meals
Nutrition Program Menu
Senior Dining Menu
Please call your local Community Dining Site to reserve a meal